Friday, February 28, 2014

Green Beauty: silk naturals nude 3 palette


February has been the month of blazing through my wishlist guys. It seems after #NoBuyJanuary my little heart just rebelled. Or maybe it was all of the unexpected sales? Either way, I picked up the Silk Naturals Nude 3 Palette. I'm pretty sure we've all heard of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. They've reached cult status in the beauty world and for good reason, they're the ultimate collection of nude shadows and now they've released three different editions. It's times like these when a natural beauty can feel a bit left out...that is, until a natural company comes around and provides. Behold, a clean, cheaper version of these conventional, toxic palettes.



I chose to go with the rose gold, purple, pink, and brown tones of the third edition which I thought would work the best with my skin tone. It's a balanced combination of shimmery and matte shadows with a large variety of wearable, friendly neutral shades. Hellloooo rose-goldy goodness!!! I also have shadows from the other Nude Palettes, but this was the only collection that swayed me to purchase it in its entirety.

Silk Natural shadows are wonderful if you have yet to try them, plus they are incredibly affordable compared to other natural offerings at only $4.50 a pop. This collection retailed for only $39.99 compared to its conventional counterpart at $52.00. They make up the majority of my shadow collection since going natural. The only way I could love them more? If they offered pressed versions. As it is, the pigmentation is great and they have a massive colour variety. They're smooth and their similarity to the Urban Decay shadows is uncanny!

Let's take a look at the ingredients, just for fun, shall we? The Silk Naturals website helpfully provides a comparison.

Silk Naturals Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica Also contains : Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide 

Original Urban Decay Ingredients:  Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PTFE (Teflon- polytetrafluoroethylene), Zinc Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer. 

All of the Silk Naturals ingredients fall below a 1 or less on the EWG Skin Deep Database. Let's just say, I am extremely happy I can opt out of applying Urban Decay products to my eyes on a daily basis. It's so great that Silk Naturals has created this collection which gives us the option to avoid unhealthy products, but  not have to sacrifice participating in current beauty releases and hype.


Cache, Strange, Tweak, Analog, Impact, Torrent, Parallel, Virtual, Drive, History, Link, Portal
My ultimate favourites from the collection are Cache, Virtual, and History, but all of the colours are gorgeous. Now, I don't have to feel out of the loop when a Naked palette is released! I can participate and indulge in all those Naked 3 Makeup Tutorials on youtube to my heart's content with a cleaner, greener alternative. It's a good feeling :)

Anyone else a big fan of Silk Naturals? I've seen them mentioned loads of times by fellow bloggers. In addition to eye shadows, they've got an impressive and affordable range of lip products that I've raved about on the blog before. Anyone else jumped on their Naked dupe bandwagon? I highly recommend you do!

2 comments:

  1. Wow kudos to Silk Naturals for the awesome dupe! I have the UD Naked 2 which was a gift from my best friend, and I'm not using it as much as I should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been obsessing and fantasising over the naked three since its release... buy I want a cleaner version. Someone mentioned this dupe and it quickly beacame my new obsession! I've put myself on a spending ban till my bday but this post has convinced me more than before that I want to treat myself to this is a few months! I think these colours would be perfect for me and what I like to wear... and I watch a lot of you tube videos so I would have plenty of guides on how to make the most of it! :-)
    Great post.
    rach xx
    AllNaturalAspirations.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...